Top 10 Things to Do & Some Local Tips
Airlie Beach Tours Top 10 Things To Do
Accommodations & AirBnBs
Airlie Beach Dining Guide
Airlie Beach Tours Top 10 Things to do!
Whilst we own and operate our own Airlie Beach Tour to Whitehaven Beach daily, we would like to comment on other tours as well as some of Capt Shane’s local tips of what to do when in Airlie Beach.
1. The Whitsundays Only Crocodile Tour. See estuarine crocodiles in the Wild in the Whitsundays. Highly recommended in Winter months. click here
2. The wonderful Bicentennial Walkway connects Airlie Beach to Cannonvale and is a pleasant and safe boardwalk along the coastline. Lots of Cafes and dining options, lit at night, many locals and visitors take this stroll daily. As does Capt Shane, Sharon and Rusty! Allow 1-4hrs if dining..
3. Whitsunday Fishing Charters offer half day and full day fishing trips and private charters around the Whitsunday Islands and Great Barrier Reef. Call Capt Shane if you have your own gear and want to find where to fish without taking a tour. Fishing with a Pro… click here
4. Shhh, a secret beach called Boathaven Beach. You will find the best sand in Airlie Beach here! Walking distance from Airlie Beach, lots of passing boats from the Port of Airlie and great for a swim. BYO everything…. click here
5. Whitsunday Jetski Tours is a Multi award winning exciting adventure tour in the Whitsundays and is the only guided jetski tour operating from Coral Sea Marina….. click here
6. Airlie Beach Lagoon is free and open to everyone. The lagoon is chlorinated and located parallel to Airlie’s Main Street. It provides an environment that is completely safe from stingers, all year round. The lagoon includes a toddlers wading pool, a shallow children’s pool and a larger pool which has a maximum depth of 2 metres. It is built on a raised breakwater, giving an excellent view out to the Coral Sea and Whitsunday Islands. Lifeguards patrol the lagoon…… click here
7. Northerlies is a beautiful beach side venue just outside Airlie Beach. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. There is way more to discover! Pick up service available or self drive….. click here
8. Self Drive to Hydeaway Bay & Dingo Beach, which certainly lives up its name. No crowds, easy to unwind! Capt Shane says its a must do if you have the time, but drive carefully – cattle are known to walk the roadside! Visit Montes for lunch at Gloucester and perhaps take snorkeling gear …….. Click here
9. Cedar Creek Falls – make sure to ask a local if Cedar Creek falls is flowing! Its a Self Drive option also, consider hiring a car from Gypsy Rentals, about 45 mins each way, best in the summer months or after rain! ……… Click here
10. KCs Bar & Grill has been locally owned and operated forever. Make sure to try their Australian specialty, the game tasting platter, a mix of kangaroo, crocodile, emu & buffalo. However its the Live Music, main street seating right in the heart of Airlie Beach that makes this place special. Enjoy the music and the serenity. Click here
Airlie Beach Tips for Accommodations
Our Airlie Beach tips – and pictured above, the new Coral Sea Marina|Resort, where the best Airlie Beach Tours depart. Promoted as Airlie Beach’s venue to Stay, Play & Explore.
Select from these Airlie Beach AirBnB’s for an added discount on your Airlie Beach Tour with Whitehaven Xpress.
Some other top tips include Sea Star Apartments for an amazing view.
Mantra Club Croc for all ages, recently refurbished and centrally located.
All the Caravan Parks can be recommended, Big4 Adventure for families, Sea Breeze Tourist Park for proximity to supermarkets and eateries, Island Gateway Holiday Park for the tavern and bistro across the road.
Airlie Beach Dining Guide
We probably don’t get out enough to visit Airlie Beach eateries, however we will keep you up to date from our recent experiences, and have tagged the Google Maps page which has the recent reviews:
KC’s Bar & Grill – main street, live music, been around as long us Whitehaven Xpress!
Sushi Hi – main street for the amazing aquarium!
Fat Frog Cafe – for breakfast or brunch, a solid walk from Airlie Beach but a walk worth doing.
Northerlies – great place for lunch or early dinner.