Airlie Beach Top 10 Things to Do!
Top 10 Things To Do
Tips for Accommodations
Airlie Beach Top 10 Things to do!
First of all, we own and operate our own Airlie Beach Tour to Whitehaven Beach, however we would also like to recommend other day tours to do in and around Airlie Beach. Therefore please enjoy Capt Shane’s – Airlie Beach Top 10 Things to Do when visiting.
The First 5
1. Whitsundays only Crocodile Tour. See estuarine crocodiles in the Wild in the Whitsundays. Certainly a Highly recommended tour during the Winter months. Click here for the Whitsunday Crocodile Safari.
2. The Bicentennial Walkway connects Airlie Beach to Cannonvale on a boardwalk along the coastline. Furthermore there are a several Cafes and dining options. It is lit at night, and a joy for many locals and visitors whom take advantage of this wonderful walk. Maybe you will meet Capt Shane, Sharon and Rusty on their daily walk! Allow 1-4hrs if dining…
3. Airlie Beach Lagoon is free and open to everyone. The lagoon is chlorinated and located parallel to Airlie’s Main Street. It provides an environment that is completely safe all year round. Consequently, the lagoon includes a toddlers pool, a shallow children’s pool and also a larger pool which has a maximum depth of 2 metres. It is built on a raised breakwater, giving an excellent view out to the Coral Sea and Whitsunday Islands. Lifeguards patrol the lagoon…… click here Google Maps location
4. Shhh, a secret beach called Boathaven Beach. Certainly the best sand in Airlie Beach. Walking distance from the main street. Most noteworthy is its a perfect location to watch boats departing the Port of Airlie! BYO everything. click here for Google Maps location
5. Whitsunday Jetski Tours is a Multi award winning exciting adventure tour in the Whitsundays. The only guided jetski tour operating from Coral Sea Marina… Click here for Whitsunday Jetski Tours,
The Next 5
6. Whitsunday Fishing Charters offer half day and full day fishing trips and private charters around the Whitsunday Islands and Great Barrier Reef. You will probably enjoy your own very own fresh catch of the day! Alternatively call Capt Shane if you have your own gear and want to find where to fish without taking a tour. Fishing with a Pro… click here for Whitsunday Fishing Charters.
7. Northerlies is a beautiful beach side venue just outside Airlie Beach. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. Even more interesting than the food, is the outdoor areas! Pick up service available or self drive….. click here for Northeries Beach Bar & Grill
8. Self Drive to Hydeaway Bay & Dingo Beach, which certainly lives up its name. No crowds, easy to unwind! Capt Shane says its a must do if you have the time, but drive carefully – cattle are known to walk the roadside! Visit Montes for lunch at Gloucester and perhaps take snorkeling gear …….. Click here Montes Reef Resort
9. Cedar Creek Falls – make sure to ask a local if Cedar Creek falls is flowing! Its a Self Drive option also, consider hiring a car from Gypsy Rentals, about 45 mins each way, best in the summer months or after rain! ……… Click here for Gypsy Car Rentals
10. Finally, Whitsunday Gold Coffee. Do you know about the Great Barrier Bean? Self Drive option when going out to Dingo perhaps? Click here for Whitsunday Gold Coffee
Airlie Beach – Tips for Accommodations
Secondly, our Airlie Beach Tips for accommodation which includes the Coral Sea Marina Resort, where the best Whitehaven Beach Tours departs from! Coral Sea Marina Resort is promoted as Airlie Beach’s venue to Stay, Play & Explore. Furthermore the precinct continues to see investment and enhancements.
Airlie Beach AirBnB’s
Tip, book one of these Airlie Beach AirBnB’s for some added value on-board your Whitehaven Beach Day Trip.
Some other top tips include Sea Star Apartments because of the amazing birds-eye views.
Mantra Club Croc for all ages, and notably it was recently refurbished, close to shopping centre.
All the Caravan Parks can be recommended, Big4 Adventure for families, Sea Breeze Tourist Park for proximity to supermarkets and eateries, Island Gateway Holiday Park for the tavern and bistro across the road, Big4 Tropical Eco resort for pet friendly.
Airlie Beach – Dining Guide
KC’s Bar & Grill – main street, live music and probably the best atmosphere. Has been around for as long us Whitehaven Xpress!
Sushi Hi – main street, showpiece amazing aquarium encircled by the sushi boats!
Fat Frog Cafe – for breakfast or brunch, a solid walk from Airlie Beach but a walk worth doing.
Northerlies – great place for lunch or early dinner. Complimentary Pick up service available.
La Tabella Trattoria – Best Italian tucker in town!
Harba Road Bar & Grill – WOW! Latest eatery to open and is the best quality cuisine I have had around Airlie Beach in a long time. Highly trained Chef in the French tradition with innovative uses of Aussie ingredients. Wait staff under dressed for the level of food experience, but didn’t matter.
Anchor Bar – Finally, its the Service, from the owner operators through to the entire team, the Views, the Atmosphere, just a Must Do when in Airlie Beach. A 5 minute hike from the main street. Food presentation and taste is 10/10, and the Value is also 10/10! As a result of those scores – Highly Recommended.
Also see Capt Shane’s Top 10 Whitehaven Beach Tours.